Brooklyn, New York, USASite:
Tue 18 Jan ’22Posted on:
Almost Studio is a Brooklyn-based design practice established in 2018. The studio’s approach sees a successful project as never complete and always in the making: exposing unknown cultural, social, and spatial potential through time and architecture. In this sense, the design and construction closeout process is simply the starting point for their projects. This has led to the recognition and publication of projects on various scales, including exhibitions, castles, installations, urban design, furniture, fashion shows, residencies, showcases and art festivals. Current and past projects include winning competition entry for the 2021 Ragdale Ring as well as work with the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Chloe, Sandy Liang, ArtPrize, Dallas Contemporary, New York Fashion Week and private residencies in New York , Ohio, Kentucky, California, Maine and Villecien, France.
Almost Studio is looking for someone who wants to play a significant role in designing and leading many projects within a small business. This position will work directly with partners on a daily basis across multiple phases from schematic design, to representation, to construction drawings.
This is a full-time, paid position that includes schedule flexibility and a balance of in-person and remote work. There are also opportunities for trips associated with projects and academic invitations.
- Cultural show venue
- Exhibition design
- New residences in several phases of design and construction
- Apartment renovations
- Contest entries
- Price submissions
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Strong design portfolio, particularly displaying experimental methods of representation
- Previous work with construction drawing sets
Technical skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in mixed media visual arts, which may include but is not limited to hand drawing, sketching, collage, painting, screen printing, photography, graphic design, mold making and physical modeling.
- Proficiency in Rhino, Adobe suites and AutoCAD. Grasshopper and other coding software are an added bonus.
- Strong rendering capabilities in VRay or other favorite programs including Twinmotion, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D or Maxwell.
- Understanding of the software and processes involved in digital manufacturing, including 3D printing and CNC milling.
Organizational and logistical capacity:
- Ability to correspond with clients and consultants
- Self-initiated to move projects forward without continuous monitoring
- Almost Studio’s office is an open, collective space in Brooklyn, NY. Due to the required proximity of working conditions, all of our employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with current EEOC guidelines.
- Please submit your resume and portfolio in PDF format (maximum file size 20MB) to [email protected]
See application instructions above.
Back to task list…